There are many places to visit just a short drive from the Montebello Resort. You can see how to get to most of these by looking at the larger view of the map on our website. Some of our favorites are the following:
Click here for directions to area orchards/wineries/restaurants,etc.
- The Appalachian Trail - From Katahdin in Maine to Springer Mountain in Georgia, the Appalachian National Scenic Trail wanders the ridges and valleys of the Appalachian range for 2,167 miles.
- Appalachian Horse Adventures - Offering horseback riding in the mountains of Nelson County.
- Crabtree Falls - Crabtree Falls is the highest waterfall in Virginia and a very popular local attraction.
- Cyrus McCormick Farm - A five-acre memorial plot at the Shenandoah AREC pays tribute to Cyrus McCormick and the ingenuity of the McCormick family. The memorial area is designated a National Historic Landmark and Virginia Wayside site, and is toured by thousands of visitors every year.
- Natural Bridge - Natural Bridge is both a National Historic Landmark and a Virginia Historic Landmark. It is open year-round and attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Natural Bridge Zoo - The largest and most complete collection of birds and animals in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Nelson County Tourism - For information about other attractions in Nelson County. Click here for the Nelson County Events Calendar. Also, check out Nelson County, Route 151 website here.
- Wintergreen Resort - Wintergreen is well known for its outstanding golf and tennis programs. But the fun of this gorgeous resort in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains, is that you'll find so much more. You can also ski, snowboard, hike, bike, swim, fish, boat, horseback ride, maintain your fitness regime, just relax, enjoy a fine meal or do nothing at all.
- Walton Mountain Museum - The Walton's Mountain Museum, established in 1992, is located in the old Schuyler Elementary School across the street from the boyhood home of Earl Hamner, creator of The Walton's television show.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway - Picnics, nature trails and camping on the breathtakingly beautiful Parkway.
- Washington and Lee University - Washington and Lee University's rich historical heritage for over 250 years is embodied in the very name it bears today. It is an institution that has been touched and shaped by major men and moments in American history.
- Plant Identification Walks - Montebello, VA. - Local resident Nikki Abbott owns Little Mountain Herbals and offers Plant Identification Walks by appointment. Walks are hour long tours in the local vicinity and the rate is $20 per hour. For more information or appointments call 540-377-2019.
To find many other places to visit all around the Commonwealth of Virginia, we recommend:
To order either a Virginia state map or Virginia Byway map, click here.
Web page Hosting By